A big shout out to all the folks who took a few minutes to fill out the Arkansas Native survey in January. To get a feel for what “works” on my page, what better way than to just ask?
While I didn’t get an overwhelming response, I feel like I did get enough comments to give me some direction.
Here are some of the results!
- 91% of respondents currently live in Arkansas
Favorite posts to “like” and “share” are:
- 87% photography and nature
- 61% history and old photos
- 48% festivals and events
- 43% interesting trivia about Arkansas
- 39% famous Arkansans
- 35% local vendors and small business
- 22% food and restaurants
- 13% sports
- 13% current events
Suggestions for other content included:
- Guest writers, interviews, personal experience, historical stories about landmarks, and – haunted Arkansas!
Social media awareness:
- 74% of respondents knew that “liking” and “sharing” posts on Facebook will keep Arkansas Native active in your timeline – yay!
- 30% of respondents are not on any other social media platform, such as Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and therefore didn’t know we are also on those channels.
- However, 26% did know about our other sites and are following there, too, and another 26% didn’t know but are now followers!
- 74% of respondents were not aware of this blog before taking the survey.
Some parting thoughts:
- Love the photos, keep ’em coming!
- More regional coverage and info on interesting but obscure places.
- Farmers markets and small local businesses.
Small business option:
I did garner some interest from a few local business who might want to partner with Arkansas Native, and I’m so excited about that! I’m an entrepreneur at heart, and helping promote small biz (especially in Arkansas!) is a passion of mine. Looking forward to working with these folks – stay tuned!
(P.S. If you know a business who would be interested, please have them contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Whew, that has given me a lot to think about, plan for and work on for a while! Ask, and ye shall receive, right? Good to know that original content is important to my fans, instead of just sharing others’ posts. Let the writing begin! My goal now is to devote more time this year to keeping this page updated with new and interesting content, and promote it more on social media.
Again I appreciate the feedback. Good to know I’m doing something right.
Oh, and the most important thing – the winner of the drawing! I had to use a program to help me pick a winner (www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/), and I wish I could have given everyone who responded a little something. I only know the winner’s email address and will be contacting them and arrange to send them the prize. I’m hopeful he/she will be willing to take a photo with the prize and post it on my page!!
P.S. This survey and the improvements I’m making are on the advice of an awesome social media consultant I’m working with. She’s an Arkansas gal and feels the same way about promoting our state and our people and business! Let me know if you, or someone you know, would like to have her work with you on promoting your business on social media… email@example.com… and I’ll put you in contact with her!